Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Ceterum! We are a discussion forum with a small, but friendly community. Register and post an entrance topic to start participating. We hope you enjoy Ceterum and look forward to reading your posts!

Quick login (registration required):

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Scientific news; for the smaller topics
Topic Started: Sep 22 2011, 09:18 PM (951 Views)
Carasel
Member Avatar
Journeyminion
Hypo-spray! Is it odd that I thought this already existed? Or is there something similar in existence?
Esse's no. 1 fangirl :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Esse
Member Avatar
Administrator of Ceterum
I was thinking that (hypospray) as well. I have the feeling I read something similar about this before, but I can't remember what or when.

United We Stand, Divided We Fall

The Ceteri

Carasel
Member Avatar
Journeyminion
Something sort of similar has existed for a long time, but wasn't very good by the look of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_injector
Esse's no. 1 fangirl :D

Esse
Member Avatar
Administrator of Ceterum
Wikipedia gas-driven jet-injectors

There have been relatively few incidents of disease transmission between users, despite widespread use of the jet injector by the military and in large-scale vaccination campaigns. Nevertheless, because the jet injector breaks the barrier of the skin, there is a potential that biological material is transferred from one user to the next. Some viruses such as hepatitis B require less than one millionth of a millilitre to be transmitted[1] so makers of injectors need to ensure there is no cross-contamination between applications. Regarding vaccination, the World Health Organization states that jet injectors "are no longer recommended due to risks of disease transmission".[2]

Makes you wonder how that's done with this new version then. On a happier sidenote:

Wikipedia on hypospray

In the Star Trek universe, the hypospray was developed by the mid-22nd century

Nicely on schedule!

United We Stand, Divided We Fall

The Ceteri

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Science and Technology · Next Topic »
Add Reply